Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from July, 2018

GSoC 2018: Week 9

Hello everyone. Here is the progress of rubi module in the 9th week of GSoC period.
In the very beginning of the week, the PR for appelf1 was merged. My aim for this week was to load all rules and test at least a small part for each type of rule. Due to the time factor, its not possible to test all. Moreover, rubi needs to be updated to the latest version, so the test suite too will be updated.  
I started with trigo rules. They are huge in number. They were never tested before, so some utility_functions like `TrigReduce`, `KnownTrigIntegrandQ`, `FunctionOfTrig` etc were wrong. They were corrected. Soon I realised a difference between sympy and Mathematica. In mathematica, `1/Cot[x]` is automatically transformed to `Tan[x]` and `1/Tan[x]` too was transformed to `Cot[x]`. But in sympy, these are different. So, `tan(x)` didn't match to `cot(x)` . Francesco suggested to replace all `cot` with `1/tan`  and similarly for `sec` and `csc` (in the code generator too). 
Next, I moved to `i…

GSoC 2018: Week 8

Hello everyone. Here is the brief summary of the progress of rubi integration module in the 8th week of GSoC period.

We completed the testing of logarithmic test cases. Some of the tests are failing as they depend on trigonometric rules. The rules and tests have been updated in this PR.

Next, I loaded all trigonometric rules. They are huge in number. So the loading time increased from 1 min 30 sec to around 6 min. For now, I have not loaded them. I also updated the test cases for parsetools and fixed code quality issues. Currently, the travis is failing due to a bug, which has been fixed in branch 1.2. In the upcoming week, 1.2 probably will get merged in master.

Then I moved on to implementing appellf1 in sympy. Progress can be seen in this PR.

We will be updating our utility_functions to the latest version of RUBI.


GSoC 2018: Week 7

Hello everyone. Here is the brief summary of my work in the seventh week of GSoC period.
Last week, we found a solution for matching `exp` as `Pow`. This week major part was spent in testing exponential rules. Here are some problem faced.
1. UnevaluatedExpr is quite untested and results in recursion errors in many places. like `u = UnevaluatedExpr(E)` now when we want to find imaginary and real part of `u`, using `im(u)`. It causes recursion error. There were other instances too. So in those functions, I replaced them back to `exp`.
2. There was a lot of index error because length of args of a `Pow` object is 2. Whereas for `exp` it's 1. Utility functions used in lot of places `.args[1]`. I found all possible places where arguments of a `Pow` object was accessed using `.args[0] and .args[1]` . I replaced them with `.base` and `.exp`. This solved the problem
There were more minor changes in many utility functions. Currently, I have finished the exponential testing and almost all are pas…