Skip to main content

GSoC 2018: Week 5


Hello everyone. Here is the brief summary of my work in the 5th week of GSoC period.

I started this week with testing miscellaneous algebraic test cases. Soon it was found that most test cases depend on rules of `Miscellaneous integration`. So I loaded those rules. There were few new structure in constraints. So parser too was updated for incorporating those. 

While testing, `ExpandIntegrand` did not function well. Matcher used in ExpandIntegrand was of sympy. I changed ExpandIntegrand using replace_all of matchpy. In few more functions I changed the structure using matchpy. In this week, a major part of the time was spent in utility functions. There are many changes. Also some of the test cases of last year was wrong. It gave different result in mathematica. The test cases which I have updated matches with Mathematica's output. I have pushed all changes of utility function in this PR.

Parallely I have also tested around 70 % of miscellaneous algebraic. I will complete the testing within one or two days. After this I will move on to exponential rules and exponential test cases.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoC 2018: Proposal Acceptance and Community Bonding Period

Hello, I'm Ashish Kumar Gaurav a undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. My proposal for completing rule based integration(RUBI) in sympy has been accepted as a part of Google Summer of Code.

RUBI consists of about 10,000 rules. Sympy can use these rules rather than various algorithms to perform efficient integration. RUBI had been a GSoC project last year but it could not be completed. I hope that I will be able to bring RUBI in a working state.


Community bonding period is near end and coding period will be starting on 14th May. In this period I have done the following improvements: Fixed a bug in parsetool, which raised exceptions while sympifying the code.Removed repeated definition of same constraints. All constraints are present in a single file constraints.py , in which each constraint is defined uniquely. Earlier same constraints were defined multiple times. An issue had also been created here.Removed dependencies of lambda function from constraints…

GSoC 2018 : Week 1

Hi everyone. Here is the brief summary of my works completed and works which are in progress in the first week.
For proper implementation of RUBI in sympy, we have a high dependence on matchpy. This might limit the performance of RUBI in sympy. I am currently targeting to have a correct set of rules and utility functions. 
This week I opened this PR #14724,  from which progress in my work can be tracked. While testing the code, sometimes there were recursion errors because the same set of rule continuously were applied to the expression and there was no simplification. This worked in Mathematica because a order of matching(specificity order) is maintained in Mathematica. We use downvalues to parse the code in matchpy format. So we know the order. I found a way to fix the order in matchpy. I used ManyToOneMatcher to find all rules being matched to an expression. Then pickup the most prior rule and then perform replacement. It is little slow but we can debug our rules (parsetools) and uti…

GSoC 2018: Week 8

Hello everyone. Here is the brief summary of the progress of rubi integration module in the 8th week of GSoC period.

We completed the testing of logarithmic test cases. Some of the tests are failing as they depend on trigonometric rules. The rules and tests have been updated in this PR.

Next, I loaded all trigonometric rules. They are huge in number. So the loading time increased from 1 min 30 sec to around 6 min. For now, I have not loaded them. I also updated the test cases for parsetools and fixed code quality issues. Currently, the travis is failing due to a bug, which has been fixed in branch 1.2. In the upcoming week, 1.2 probably will get merged in master.

Then I moved on to implementing appellf1 in sympy. Progress can be seen in this PR.

We will be updating our utility_functions to the latest version of RUBI.